Instant mash potato powder (as required)
Garlic (as preferred) 1 or 2 eggs (as preferred)
1 or 2 eggs (as preferred)
- Liquidise the liver, eggs and garlic together.
- Swap to a mixing bowl.
- Gradually fold in the instant mash potato powder until the mix resembles a stiff cake mix consistency.
- Spread about 1 inch thick in a lightly greased microwavable dish.
- Cook on full power for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and then cook for 1 minute at a time until firm but not hard ( 4 – 5 minutes).
- Cool and cut into chunks.
- Store in the freezer in plastic tubs or bags until needed.
- Defrost before use.
The liver can be replaced with sardines or pilchards in tomato sauce (include the sauce in the mixture) or for a lower fat version, tuna in brine (be sure to drain the salty brine off and replace with a little water).
The instant mashed potato powder can be replaced potato or rice flour.
Big thank you to Sue Cotton for the original recipe.