There will be a fun training test on Monday 6th August 2012 for all our members, with certificates of achievement presented to each owner and dog.
The exercises to be completed are:
- Sit & down using a) hand signal only
b) verbal cue only
- Walk on a loose lead, being attentive to you and responsive to your movements, including a right turn, left turn and stopping together.
- Walk on a loose lead past other dogs and people.
- Sit quietly as you shake hands and say hello to another person.
- Vehicle control, to sit and stay until told they can get out and into car.
- Play with your dog and for your dog to give you the toy during the play session.
- Come back when called with minor distractions.
- Leave an item (to be announced on the day) on your request.
- Food manners a) take a treat gently
b) Sit patiently for a treat whilst close to another dog
- Stay a) Sit stay as you pick up after your dog or pretend to do so
b) Down stay for 1 minute
- Response to name, to turn and look at you with minor distractions when you say their name.
- Handling, to be able to handle your dog all over and check them over for foreign bodies, cuts etc.